Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Dchingis Khan Riddle Solved!

First, I need to thank our German teacher Marc for being willing to spend precious class time translating this song. Unfortunately, the subtitles provided by Buffalax on the YouTube video that I posted yesterday are a lot more interesting. But we keep our word, so here it goes:

Moskau!
Throw the glasses against the wall
Russia is a beautiful country
Your soul (Russia?) is so deep

So much goes on at night
Love tastes like caviar
Girls are there to be kissed

Come! Let us dance on the table until it breaks apart

[Russia] Gate to the past
Mirror of the Czarist times
Red like the blood
Your love burns hot as embers

Empty the glasses
Natasha you are beautiful
Comrade - Hey!

Vodka should be taked pure and cold
that's how you live to 100 years old

The glass is empty
But there is more [vodka] in the cellar!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great follow up questions Emery, I appreciate your quest for thouroughness. As for you D & D, I am impressed! Great work my friends, great work. And, yes, thank you to ur wonderful teacher for enlightening us all.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they stole MBDs song. ;-)

Anonymous said...

BTW I have some leftover P'tcha in my fridge if you're interested.

Cookie Goddess said...

I must ask, how did such a song end up being the melody for many googy-goody-two-shoes youth group songs over here?!? We weren't exactly sipping vodka or kissing Natasha during activities. And, come to think of it, there weren't any Russians (or Germans) involved in the first place....