Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Fun (Part 1)

 

The most important part of Christmas in Germany is the Weihnachts Markt or Christmas Market. Many locals do their shopping at these temporary bazaars spread throughout the city. Most importantly, they are open Sundays, which make them a magnet for those suffering from the cabin fever caused by closed businesses during the rest of the year. Some had rides, others had high class goods, and all had tons of food. Pictured above are our friends in Berlin enjoying a wurst (German sausage) in a roll. The sausages are always way longer than the tiny bun and make for interesting eating. We took this picture that the Gedamenmarkt Market in Berlin which is the most "exclusive" since it charges a heft 1 Euro entrance fee (apparently to keep out unsavory characters). By the way, I had no permission from the people photographed above to use their image. I hope I don't get sued.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: