Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (and Boats)

 

I went to visit my professor in Friedrichshafen for my first time on Monday and Tuesday. Friedrichshafen is a small town in Southern Germany that sits on Lake Constance (or Bodensee in German). Back in the day, it was the spot where the Zeppelin blimps were built. There is even a small memorial outside the town to the people who died in the Hindenburg explosion in Lakewood, New Jersey.

Friedrichshafen is not easy to get to and my journey there started at 3:30 am in Berlin. I took a subway and a bus to reach the airport. From there, I took an airplane to Zurich. At the airport, I boarded a train to a town called Romanshorn on the Swiss side of Bodensee. Right outside the train station was a boat waiting to take me to across the lake. Finally in Friedrichshafen, I took a bus to reach to university. The whole trip took 8 hours. Better than Steve Martin and John Candy during Christmas.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: